Milanti T. Kirana
Milanti graduated from the Faculty of Law, University of Atma Jaya, Indonesia, in 2007. Prior to joining HHR Lawyers in 2014, she had worked with other reputable law firms and multinational financial institutions in Indonesia. She was promoted as a partner of HHR Lawyers in 2019.
She has developed an extensive practice in commercial business law practice and involved in various complex and cross-border transactions. Her areas of specialization cover: (i) Corporate and Investment; (ii) Merger & Acquisition; (iii) Manpower & Industrial Relations; (iv) Intellectual Property Rights; and (v) Real Property.
Her particular experience in structuring legal frameworks, providing strategy and preparing transactions documents for a broad range of transactional and transnational projects/cases within the areas of practice mentioned above has led her to handle various types of international and domestic projects representing numerous multinational companies and Indonesian conglomerate group of companies in doing their business in Indonesia.
- In Corporate & Investment works, she has represented numerous multinational and Indonesian group of companies in all corporate & investments works, e.g.: (i) setting up companies (domestic as well as foreign investment company); (ii) agency/distribution and franchise matters; (iii) legal due diligence works; (iv) corporate housekeeping matters; and (v) insolvency and liquidation.
- In Merger & Acquisition works, she has represented numerous multinational and domestic group of companies in all M&A and restructuring works, e.g.: (i) merger & acquisition works; (ii) asset acquisition and disposal; (iii) equity and debt restructuring; (iv) Spin-Off; (v) Joint Venture; and (vi) complex legal due diligence works related to acquisition and restructuring projects.
- In Manpower & Industrial Relations works, she has represented multinational group of companies in dealing with: (i) general termination of employment and including mass termination; (ii) termination of employment due to the closing down of a company’s business or due to the liquidation of a company; (iii) transfer of employment, including related to M&A and restructuring projects; and (iv) structuring and processing work and stay permit for expatriate employees.
- In Intellectual Property Rights works, she has represented multinational and domestic companies in relation to: (i) advising clients on the various intellectual property rights protection in Indonesia; (ii) Intellectual Property Rights search; and (iii) structuring and preparing License Agreement.
- In Real Property works, she has represented multinational and domestic developer and real property companies in relation to land acquisitions, relinquishments, and other complex real estate transactions.
- OneTrust on Cybersecurity Guideline – Indonesia Section (2021).
- OneTrust on Cybersecurity Guideline – Indonesia Section (2020).
- Meritas on A Global Roadmap to Personal Data Protection 2019 – Indonesia Section (2019).
- Thomson Reuters – International Trade and Commercial Transactions Global Guide (2018).
- Lexis Nexis Foreign Investment Law Guide 2017-2018 – Indonesia Section (2017).
- A Licensed Advocate and member of The Congress of Indonesian Advocates (KAI).