A graduate from the Faculty of Law of the University of Indonesia, Nini is one of the founding partners of HHR Lawyers. Her extensive experience in handling and structuring various foreign investment works has made her a good source of contact for foreign clients from any country intending to invest into Indonesia or do business with Indonesian corporations.
Heading HHR Lawyers’ Corporate and Investment Practice Group, she has developed an extensive practice not only in corporate and investment works, but also complex corporate restructuring and M&A transactions. All these have led her to be consistently acknowledged by the Asia Pacific Legal 500 as one of the leading individuals in Corporate/M&A in Indonesia. She has also been endorsed as one of the leading legal experts in the general corporate practice by the Asia Law & Practice. Her other specializations encompass: (i) Corporate and Investment; (ii) Intellectual Property and Information Technology, (iii) Manpower and Industrial Relations; (iv) Real Property, and (v) Media and Telecommunications.
Her particular experience in structuring legal frameworks and strategy, as well as preparing transactions documents has led her to handle and represent the interest of various multinational companies.
- In Corporate and Investment works, she has represented numerous multinational group of companies in all corporate & investments works, e.g.: (i) setting up companies (domestic as well as foreign investment company), (ii) agency/distribution and franchise matters, (iii) legal due diligence works, (iv) corporate housekeeping matters, and (v) insolvency and liquidation.
- In Merger and Acquisition works, she has represented numerous multinational group of companies in all corporate & investments works, e.g.: (i) merger & acquisition works, (ii) asset acquisition and disposal, (iii) equity restructuring and debt restructuring, and (iv) complex legal due diligence works related to acquisition & restructuring projects.
- In Manpower and Industrial Relations works, she has represented numerous multinational group of companies in dealing with: (i) general termination of employment, (ii) termination of employment due to the closing down or of a company’s business or due to the liquidation of a company, (iii) transfer of employment, (iv) company regulations and employee manuals, (v) collective labor agreements, (vi) structuring and processing work and stay permit for expatriate employees.
- In Intellectual Property Rights works, she has represented many domestic as well as multinational companies in relation to: (i) advising clients on the various intellectual property rights protection in Indonesia, (ii) arranging submission of IP registration with the authorities, (iii) filing of objections and rebuttal in an IP related matter with the Commission of Appeal with the DG-IPR.
- In Real Property works, she has represented many domestic developer and real property companies in relation to: (i) land acquisitions and relinguishments, (ii) titling and strata title, (iii) arrangement and develpoment of intergrated super block area, (iv) BOT and other real property structured transactions, and (v) industrial estate related transactions.
- Thomson Reuters – International Trade and Commercial Transactions Global Guide (2018)
- Lexis Nexis Foreign Investment Law Guide 2017-2018 – Indonesia Section (2017)
- Lexis Nexis Company Law Guide 2017-2018 – Indonesia Section (2017)
- American Bar Association Publication issued – Doing Business in Asia (2009)
- IFLR Client Guide to South East Asia (2007)
- Asia Law & Practice – Doing Business with Indonesia (2004)
- Global Competition Review – The International Journal of Competition Policy & Regulation (2002)
- Clifford Chance Publication – Regional Overview of Directors & Officers Liability in Asia (2000)
- Speaker at the IPBA Regional Conference regarding: “Circulation of Investment in Indonesia” (Milan, 14 October 2019).
- Speaker at a capital market workshop in Andalas University, organized by HKHPM/ the Indonesian Association of Capital Market Legal Consultants regarding: “The Drafting of Legal Opinion” (Padang, 21 October 2017).
- Speaker at a Joint Seminar organized by the Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia in Hamburg and the Hamburg Chambers of Commerce regarding “The Indonesian Business Updates On Ports, Shipbuilding & Shipping Lines” (Hamburg, 5 September 2016).
- Training for Intellectual Property Consultant held by the Directorate General of Intellectual Property Rights and University of Indonesia in Jakarta (2005).
- Speaker at the Joint Intellectual Property Conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on September 2003 regarding: “Obtaining Trademark Internationally: Strategy Consideration”.
- Indonesian legal delegate for the “International Legal Services Advisory Council” coordinated by the Australian Attorney General Office (June 2002).
- Participant of the Australia-Indonesia Working Group on Legal Cooperation created under the Australia-Indonesia Ministerial Forum held between the Australian Attorney-General and the Indonesian Minister of Justice and Human Rights held in Jakarta (9-10 April 2002).
- Speaker at the Inter-Pacific Bar Association Conference in Vancouver, Canada on May 2000 regarding: “Re-insurance – A Global Industry”.
- “Industrial Property Rights Training Course for Management”, held by the Association for Overseas Technical Scholarship (AOTS) and the Japan Institute of Invention and Innovation (JIII), in Tokyo (June-July 1997).
- “Training for Capital Market Legal Consultant”, held by the Finance and Accounting Management Institute in cooperation with the Association of Indonesian Capital Market Legal Consultant, in Jakarta (October – November 1996).
- A Licensed Advocate and member of Perhimpunan Advokat Indonesia – PERADI (Indonesian Advocates Association).
- A licensed Capital Market Legal Consultant and member of Himpunan Konsultan Hukum Pasar Modal – HKHPM (Indonesian Association of Capital Market Legal Consultants).
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association – IPBA.
- A licensed Intellectual Property Consultant and member of the Asosiasi Konsultan Hak Kekayaan Intelektual – AKHKI (Association of the Intellectual Property Rights Consultants).
- Alumni Member of the Japan Institute of Invention and Innovation.
- 2018 – present: Committee Coordinator of IPBA
- 2016 –2018: Deputy Committee Coordinator of IPBA
- 2015 – present: General Treasurer of the National Board (DPN) of PERADI
- 2012 –2018: Secretary General of HKHPM
- 2010 - 2015: Member of the International Relations Division of National Board (DPN) of PERADI
- 2008 – 2014: IPBA Jurisdictional Council Member for Indonesia
- 2006 – 2012: Member of the International Organization Division of HKHPM
- 2000 - 2004: Insurance Committee Vice-Chair of IPBA
- Legal 500, Asia Pacific - Leading Lawyers in Corporate and MA&A in 2019
- Vantage Asia – The A List (Indonesia’s Top 100 Lawyers) in 2018
- Legal 500, Asia Pacific – Indonesia Leading Individuals in Corporate and M&A in 2017
- Expert Guides – Women in Business Law 2017 – Insolvency & Restructuring
- Corporate Live Wire’s 2016 Innovation & Excellence Awards – Excellence in Commercial Law in Indonesia (2016)
- Expert Guides – Women in Business Law 2015 – Insolvency & Restructuring
- Acquisition International – Indonesia Leading Adviser 2013, 2014, 2015
- AsiaLaw Leading Lawyers – Insolvency & Restructuring (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Asia Pacific Legal 500 – Indonesia Leading Adviser in Corporate & Investment
- Global Law Experts – Capital Market (2013)
- Global Law Experts – Financial Transaction Lawyers (2013)
- AsiaLaw Leading Lawyers – General Corporate Practice (2006-2009).